WolfQuest 150

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest 150

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Back in June 2017, we had been working concertedly on WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition for half a year. To help maintain interest in the game during development, we decided to start creating devblog videos to show our progress periodically. One of our players suggested releasing them on a regular basis, and I thought, "Sure, let's do one every week. We should have the game ready to release around the end of the year, so that's manageable."

Over three years later....

Today's marks the 150th devblog video! That's a lot of videos. So I've put together a semi-random selection of clips for our amusement, and hopefully yours too. Enjoy!

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest 150

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:55 pm

150 devlogs is a pretty large amount of devlogs! Most games I know release devlogs far less often then the WQ team does. Good to her multiplayer is coming closer as well.

"I think for a lot of game developers, it's more the journey than the destination"-LoboLoco, 2020 :)

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:03 pm

This was so cool! Maybe at some point you could do something like this again, or maybe even stream working on terrain. I think a lot of WolfQuesters would be interested in that.
But even if that’s not possible, it’s still strange to think just how far you have come. I joined the forums more then a year ago now, but it still feels like just yesterday.

I hope you guys stay safe, and remember to keep up the good work!

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:27 am

It's amazing how many devblogs were made. Can't believe that this video is the 150th!

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:31 pm

150 Devblogs later, and the community has grown so much. It's amazing how this game has brought people together. Without WolfQuest, I wouldn't have met some of the amazing people I've been so lucky to interact with.