A Peek at Slough Creek

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

A Peek at Slough Creek

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Here’s a quick peek at WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition’s next map/episode Slough Creek, now in development. It is sure nice to spend some time running around in spring greenery (since we are in the dead of snowy winter, here in Minnesota)!  We are very excited about all new places our bigger maps allow! Check out our research videos to see some of the new spots coming to the game.

As many of you know, Slough Creek is where you and your mate set up home to raise a family. With many of the core systems built, Slough Creek is going to go much faster than Amethyst Mountain — but we still do have lots and lots of work to do on it, of course. We won’t be setting a release date because it puts unnecessary pressure on our team, but we will keep sharing updates about terrain, vegetation, dens, pups, and little babies for some of the other animals too.  

What else are we working on now?
* Tommi is revising some core game functionality to support seasonal patterns for animals, including migration: from highlands to valleys in the fall, and vice versa in the spring.
* Mikko has been making progress with multiplayer.
* Andrei has been working with Mikko on multiplayer interfaces, along with additional refinements to controller support and key remapping.
* Susan has been researching additional pup behavior and other aspects of Slough Creek missions.

What are you most excited about in Slough Creek?

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Re: A Peek at Slough Creek

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Yay! I've been waiting to see a new Slough Creek update! I love all the greenery and trees! It's amazing to see the Slough Creek we all know and love in the Beautiful WolfQuest 3 Graphics! hopefully it comes out soon, But no rush! i know you guys work very hard on this game, and I'm willing to wait for such an amazing map!

Keep up the awesome work, WolfQuest Team!

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 pm

New map looking beautiful! When the times comes I want to see a preview on hunting newborn ungulates. Carving a territories going to be interesting though. In the old game I was very bad about marking and the yellow bar was often very low. I cant imagine having a territory larger then the den :oops: But i sure will try to expand a lot

spruce56
Pup
Pup

Post by spruce56 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Interesting timing - I started playing 2.7 for the first time yesterday - it's nice. Discovered Wolf Quest from a youtube video about Anniversary Edition, which I've played a lot more of. The map looks wonderful - Anniversary Edition is gorgeous, but I noticed 2.7 just had a more lush feel with flowers and meadows, so it's really nice to see that rich green on the new map.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:14 am

Loving the greenery! The new pups are absolutely adorable. The promise of new gameplay just makes me that much more excited about them! As a side note, I can't wait to see what becomes of the bighorn sheep.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:18 am

I didn't see this until a little later. How exciting, though! Funny how I can recognize bits of it, but I'll be going through completely unfamiliar areas (and possibly setting up a den there, too).

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 pm

This is SO AMAZING! I love how Slough Creek is coming along! Keep up the fantastic work! The map looks pretty finished to me. :P
I love the greenery, it really is a huge contrast against the Amethyst Mountain map. It's beautiful, I could watch the video all day.