Fighting Tips and Tactics (JayPlays)

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Fighting Tips and Tactics (JayPlays)

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:41 pm

JayPlays shares fighting tips and tactics needed to survive in WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition. Knowing when and how to fight (or flee) means understanding the risks and rewards when you encounter competitors – grizzly bears, coyotes, foxes, cougars, and, of course, other wolves.

We asked JayPlays, a popular YouTuber and longtime WolfQuest player and beta tester, to suggest some tips and tactics to both avoid fights whenever possible and fight successfully whenever a clash is impossible to avoid. Here’s her video — enjoy!

And then go enjoy many more videos of WolfQuest and other animal games on her YouTube channel.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Fighting Tips and Tactics (JayPlays)

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm

These are some very good tips! I already knew how to fight in game yet still found it helpful when I first watched. I'm sure this video will be helpful for newer players in the future. Also, I think I heard some music in this video that I haven't heard in-game before, specifically near the end of the video and in the part about fighting cougars. I'm assuming that is new music that is coming to the Anniversary Edition at some point? That or it's already in WolfQuest and I just never heard it while playing, which is possible. Regardless, it sounds great!! :D

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: Fighting Tips and Tactics (JayPlays)

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 pm

DinoDogDude209 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm
These are some very good tips! I already knew how to fight in game yet still found it helpful when I first watched. I'm sure this video will be helpful for newer players in the future. Also, I think I heard some music in this video that I haven't heard in-game before, specifically near the end of the video and in the part about fighting cougars. I'm assuming that is new music that is coming to the Anniversary Edition at some point? That or it's already in WolfQuest and I just never heard it while playing, which is possible. Regardless, it sounds great!! :D
Dang, you've got some sharp ears! If I remember correctly, the tracks I used there actually hail from Lost River in WolfQuest 2.7, so that may be why they're a bit less familiar. They're definitely some pretty snappy tunes though!