WolfQuest: AE Public Beta: b9 is now available!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest: AE Public Beta: b9 is now available!

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:16 pm

A new build of the public beta for WQ:AE v1.0.2 is available now. If you've opted into the beta channel, it should update automatically. We do now have the Mac beta available as well, sorry for the delay on that.

If you haven't (or missed last week's announcement about the public beta), please go see that announcement here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/926990 ... 7662659294

We're glad that so many players have opted into the beta -- your bug reports are invaluable! Keep it up!

IMPROVEMENTS:

* Fish dropped by eagles now function like other meat chunks: carryable and with food value.
* Main camera view adjusted so player-wolf is lower on screen, showing more of landscape ahead.
* If you activate Photo Mode (Shift-P) while bite-holding an animal, bite-hold will continue if you use right-arrow key to step forward in time.
* Reduced mule deer maximum speed a bit.
* Reduced aggressiveness of bull elk and moose a bit.
* Reduced spawning frequency of grizzly bears.
* Golden eagles sometimes feed on carcasses now.
* Mate is sometimes too selfish about hunting hares.

BUGS FIXED:

* Mule deer occasionally spawn right in front of player.
* Two instances of same stranger or dispersal wolf.
* Dispersals are frozen sometimes.
* In certain situations, ungulate prey don't react to attacks on themselves or a calf or fawn.
* Some trees make camera snap closer or farther from wolf, especially in free cam movement.
* Gray vignette and/or wavy dream effect from sleeptime don't disappear after waking up.
* Invisible obstacles.
* Rim light is too bright on some wolves at night.
* Snow dust effect appears under wolf when on cliff rocks.
* Wolf head occasionally doesn't play howl animation when howling.
* Drinking water repeatedly stops playing animation, but still plays sound.
* When waking up from sleep, mate stands up to do an emote, then lays down, then stands up again.
* In Customization, can't select certain howls in certain situations.
* In Customization panel, the "modify wolf" button becomes highlighted when toggling through wolves.
* In Customization panel, wWhen modifying a wolf that has a radio collar on, customizer loads wolf without the collar.
* Y Axis incorrectly inverted in Scentview and related issues.
* "Hide name in HUD" setting isn't saved in saved game.
* Eagles and ravens let predators get too close.
* Grass is floating above a cliff rock.
* Snow on some cliff rocks is black.
* Two bull elk herds congregate in the valley.
* Various terrain tweaks and improvements.

CONTROLLER SUPPORT IMPROVEMENTS:

* Enabled right/left bumpers to navigate on Map/Quests/Pack Info panels.
* Added easier way to navigate to Reset button on Remap Controller panel.
* Added onscreen keyboard for bug reporter panel.
* Added a deadzone slider in Game Settings: Controls

CONTROLLER BUGS FIXED:

* Can't do Stalk gait with controller.
* Controller sometimes isn't recognized after disconnecting and reconnecting it.
* Onscreen keyboard can appear on Name Mate popup even if controller is disabled.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest: AE Public Beta: b9 is now available!

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:11 pm

finally the bull moose become less aggressive! They are so nosy and interfere in so many of my calf hunts! :moose: But in the in the improvemts list, what do you mean about mates being more selfish about hunting hares? also i never knew that eagles could drop fish in wolfquest. I wonder what the fish dropped will look like up close and how much food they will give? Any answer to these questions is appreciated!

gray wolf 6
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by gray wolf 6 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello! I am one of the Russian-speaking users who have long been familiar with this game and its progression!
With the release of the beta test, I had a problem with entering the game. The screensaver of the wolf loads quickly and well, but after it, a black background pops up with the inverted wolf (game logo) and writes about the error :(
Previously, I calmly played the game and felt more or less comfortable (almost without freezes and the like). Could you please help me? I do not know what to do next. Sorry, if I write in the wrong direction, help: wolf:
Original Post
Show
Здравствуйте! Я являюсь одним из русскоязычных пользователей, который достаточно давно знаком с этой игрой и ее прогрессией!
С выходом бета - теста, у меня возникла проблема со входом в игру. Заставка волка быстро и хорошо загружается, но после нее,мне выскакивает черный фон с перевернутым волком( логотипом игры) и пишет об ошибке :(
Раньше, я спокойно играла в игру и более - менее комфортно себя чувствовала(практически без зависаний и тому подобное). Могли бы вы мне помочь? Я не знаю, как поступать дальше. Простите, если пишу не туда, help :wolf:
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated to English in accordance with the Forum Guidelines.

blueexorcist45
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blueexorcist45 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:40 pm

What if you bought the game through itch.io? Will you still be able to participate in the beta?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:20 pm

@blueexorcist45 Only if you were to redeem the complimentary Steam key (included with every Itch.io purchase) would you be able to access the beta builds. From the initial announcement:
loboLoco wrote:The beta is available only on Steam, because it has a very easy-to-use method of switching between beta builds and the released build.
Source: Public Beta Testing!