FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

xc92u3

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:12 pm

winterstorm2021 wrote:I haven't played wolfquest for very long, but I enjoy the game very much. I was wondering if the developers could add bison to the list of animals, since those are one of the other animals wolves sometimes hunt. Just a thought..
Yes, fortunately, Dave is planning to add bison somewhere in the future. :D
Hang in there, winterstorm2021!

Zikura22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Zicka

Post by Zikura22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 am

I've also noticed that some animals such as hares/coyotes/elk/pups/wolves are going to have new models and better animations!

Are also other NPCs (bears etc.) going to be renewed too?

(Sorry, if it already has been told. I haven't spotted it)

:D

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 am

Yes, grizzly bears will be receiving a new model.
loboLoco wrote:We've got a new and improved grizzly model, and a cub, in the works.
Source: Re: Flock Around the Clock

winterstorm2021
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Nichole

Post by winterstorm2021 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

I understand that in the wild, bison are very hard to take down without the wolf being injured or killed. I was thinking that it could be a real challenge for veteran wolf quest players. It would also help to make it even more realistic with much more prey options.
(Sorry I'm asking about bison again I'm just excited for the new game and wondering about all the new features) :D

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am

winterstorm2021 wrote:I understand that in the wild, bison are very hard to take down without the wolf being injured or killed. I was thinking that it could be a real challenge for veteran wolf quest players. It would also help to make it even more realistic with much more prey options.
(Sorry I'm asking about bison again I'm just excited for the new game and wondering about all the new features) :D
Dude, the future! We gotta release WQ3 still! :mrgreen:

Zikura22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Zicka

Post by Zikura22 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 am

Will also the carcasses we can't eat (cougars, foxes etc.) remain permanent with the plume of their scent color? That would be awesome!

It bothers me cause me and my friend killed a cougar and when we wanted to show others it despawned and also we can enjoy our trophy more.

If that was added in WQ3 also the pups could learn and play with the carcass if they come into contact with it.

Illium
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Illium » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 pm

In the distant future, would it be at all possible to have a hierarchy in multiplayer mode? As you've said before in videos normally the head of a pack are the two breeding wolves and the pack mainly consists of their children until the mated pair either both die or one of them die. I noticed that in multiplayer if you're raising pups and more than two players are present at the time the pups will look more like a mix of all current players in the room, rather than two particular parents. I suppose it's really not a problem but it's just a nit pick I suppose, something that's always bothered me because whether you follow the false information of there being an "Alpha" or not, many times the head male who mates and produces litters will not allow another male to breed with females in his pack (Be it the main female or any of their daughters within the pack.) Even wild rouge wolves will often determine a dominant male in a group after a rouge female in heat and the male who manages to mate with her will not so easily allow another male to go near her let alone mate with her after he himself does.

I can understand the reason why that isn't a thing in this game but this game is also educational, it's highly improbable for more than one male to mate with a female at one time, I'd like to know if there would be a way eventually to assign a specific person as your mate and everyone else as subordinates, to make it at least slightly more accurate. This currently is probably allowed to allow everyone in the room to feel like they're a part of raising the pups and that they have an obligation to do so.. I suppose it's something that just bugs me for what it is, I've known a few others who have this game through steam who have felt the same about this, so we finally decided to voice out opinions. We love this game, and it teaches us a lot if not at least getting us involved to learn more actively about wolves, as it has for many years ever since it came out. Although likely not a popular opinion we would enjoy seeing a more realistic pack function for multiplayer at some point, so it feels more realistic instead of.. well, what it is now. :fox:

Sunshine2302

Post by Sunshine2302 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 pm

I was wondering what will the update for Lost River be? Will they finally allow pups and den sites? I know people have been asking for that along time and preferably I would like to have pups and den sites in the lost River too so will they allow that in the next update for WQ3?
Last edited by Sunshine2302 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Sunshine2302 wrote:I was wondering what will the update for Lost River be? Will they finally allow pups and den sites? I k ow people have been asking for that along time and preferably I would like to have pups and den sites in the lost River too so will they allow that in the next update for WQ3?
No exact quotes come to mind, but as far as I recall, Lost River will remain an exploration-only map due to the fact it is a fictional location and thus not an ideal framework to emulate realistic wolf behaviour in. I'll edit my post if I find any official statements on that.

hawktail9
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: hawk

Post by hawktail9 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:57 pm

So if there's going to be fires, can you guys possibly think about adding a part where the pack den catches on fire and as the alphas you have to help the pack evacuate? I don't know how realistic that would be, it just seemed like a good idea in my head

LightWolfLucy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lucy

Post by LightWolfLucy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 am

but id just like to say a few things regarding wq in general.

thankyou for creating wq. i have made a lot of friends of this that i have been in contact with for 3 years now, and i enjoy going on the realistic graphics,
wq3:
it looks amazing and the development was super quick with the maps and animal behaviours!
i very impatient and it looks like honestly the best game theres ever been, the sleeping animations?! the baby animals, the elk sleeping!? coyote packs?! eye colours?! more fluffy fur! personalities ?! new maps?! new game play?! like what its so amazing! but i would like to know a few things if possible just to calm my impatient nerves....

1. could you do a video on youtube on how far along the development is?
2. could you do an update soon after the release or in a sooner update and could you add pure white fur?
3. will the sleeping animations be emotes?
4. could you say the percentage you think its done at, at the moment like we r 85% through finishing etc.
5. could you give a rough release date, like we think it'll be done around easter something like that.
6. i love watching how you make the animals react at night could you do another video based around the new wolf grabbing elk animaions and the new stampeads?

thankyou so much for wq, and sorry to annoy you i know you get asked alot but i generally love wolf quest but being impatient is a default for me lol, thankyou!

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:51 am

LightWolfLucy,

Please review the FAQ post. I know waiting can be difficult, but there is currently no set or estimated release date.

loboLoco wrote:When will it be released?

When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018”
Stay tuned to the WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer’s Blog. Updates to the game’s development are periodically posted there :]

Adelithos
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Harriet

Post by Adelithos » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:19 am

I'm so excited to see what amazing game WQ will become. This game was literally part of my childhood many years back.

Just curious. Will there be an updated list of recommended computers, specs and such for when the game is out?

I currently use a MacBook Pro to play and it can handle the game pretty well, especially other big games. Specs are below if people are curious or if it helps who knows a bit more about this sort of stuff.

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Adelithos wrote:Just curious. Will there be an updated list of recommended computers, specs and such for when the game is out?

I currently use a MacBook Pro to play and it can handle the game pretty well, especially other big games. Specs are below if people are curious or if it helps who knows a bit more about this sort of stuff.

Your specs are pretty good for gaming! You should be fine for WQ3 based on what Dave said:
For the PC/Mac version, our goal is any computer that can run the current game can run WQ 3. We are adding more quality levels so we can boost the visual quality much further than it is now, but we will do our very best to make the game run decently on older computers. However, since we are adding so much to the game (bigger maps, better graphics, more animals), we can’t yet say how well we can attain this goal. We don’t know exactly how much storage WQ 3 will require, but certainly more than 2 GB.

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:38 am

winterstorm2021 wrote:I understand that in the wild, bison are very hard to take down without the wolf being injured or killed. I was thinking that it could be a real challenge for veteran wolf quest players. It would also help to make it even more realistic with much more prey options.
Do agree with you!
(Off topic: I love your profile picture, where did you get it from?)
  • Post Merge
Okumuras wrote:
Adelithos wrote:Just curious. Will there be an updated list of recommended computers, specs and such for when the game is out?

Your specs are pretty good for gaming! You should be fine for WQ3 based on what Dave said:
For the PC/Mac version, our goal is any computer that can run the current game can run WQ 3. We are adding more quality levels so we can boost the visual quality much further than it is now, but we will do our very best to make the game run decently on older computers. However, since we are adding so much to the game (bigger maps, better graphics, more animals), we can’t yet say how well we can attain this goal. We don’t know exactly how much storage WQ 3 will require, but certainly more than 2 GB.
My pc runs the game fine in fast settings, so I really hope it will run WQ 3 :(
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪